Most standard telehandlers can operate in very low temperatures. However, this is not sufficient in some regions of the world, due to extreme winter temperatures. In these conditions the risk of breakdowns and downtime is higher. Magni has the solution.
In order for our customers to work in the harshest environmental conditions without worries, Magni has created a special option called “Cold Climates Package” (OPT-02-014). Thanks to this package, Magni telehandlers can continue to operate in extremely cold temperatures while maintaining maximum efficiency, uptime and reliability.
This kit includes the following equipment:
– Special hydraulic oil featuring a high viscosity index. It allows to reach a lower pour point compared to standard hydraulic oil. This oil contains a complete and selected anti-wear, anti-oxidant, anti-rust, anti-foam and “air release” additive that meets the most stringent specifications. Finally, this oil is subject to less deterioration over time than a standard oil due to its high thermal and oxidative stability.
– Battery cut-off consisting of a handle installed outside the engine compartment. It allows the operator to easily turn on and off the battery without having to open the engine compartment, such as during overnight storage.
– UNEL-type electrical plug in the cab, for connecting or charging any type of device, such as an additional cab heater. Depending on the market, the socket has a voltage of 110 or 230 V.
– Pair of LED work lights on the boom.
– Two pairs of LED cab lights (two front and two rear).
– Engine water heating system in 110 or 230 V version depending on the reference market.
In addition to this kit, Magni provides further equipment for cold weather. This includes the oil heater, which consists of a 230V heating plate positioned on the hydraulic oil tank in order to maintain oil viscosity, and the additional 24V heater (EBERSPÄECHER) that can be programmed to pre-heat the cab, in order to improve operator comfort. (this optional is available with the remote control).
At Magni we do our utmost to provide solutions that allow our customers to operate at their best even in extreme working conditions. To find out more about our wide range of options, visit our website or consult our dedicated catalogue.